Linksys setup using static IP address
A static IP address for a networking device remains unique for a particular device. That means, a static IP address can’t be configured for two different devices. There are some advance configurations where you will need to fill this static IP address for TCP/IP configurations. We are going to explain simple steps for Linksys setup using static IP address. You will need to know about DNS that is domain name server, Default gateway, Subnet Mask and Internet IP address only then you can proceed for your Linksys setup.
Steps for Configuring Linksys Router using Static IP Address
Fist, you will need to connect your internet modem, computer device and Linksys router together using Ethernet cable. You are now ready to proceed for next steps.
- Open web browser and access Linksys Router Login page using myrouter.local address. If you are not getting access for Linksys Router Login page using myrouter.local address, you can also use 192.168.1.1 IP address.
- You will need to fill the login details now. Fill user name and password for your Linksys Router Login page and click on “OK” button.
- After making login success for the Linksys router page, you will need to go for “Linksys Setup” page.
- You will need to select “Static IP” option from the list. Here you will need to fill some important information regarding your account. Like, you will need to fill static IP address, subnet mask, default gateway and DNS name.
- After filling all this information, click on “Save Settings” button so that you can save all settings you have made.
These are the simple steps you will need to carry on so that you can configure Linksys router using static IP address. from the blog session you can also read more about myrouter.local sign in issues you are getting.
error: Content is protected !!