Linksys Setup includes over all advance configurations for your Linksys wireless routers. That means, whenever your purchase a brand new Linksys router for your home network, you will need to configure all advance settings for your router. Linksys setup will includes default login to changing MTU size for your Linksys router. In this article we are going to explain all advance configurations that will need to done under Linksys setup.
How to connect a computer system with Linksys router?
If you need to make advance configurations for your Linksys Router, you will need a computer that is connected with your computer system. Actually, advance routers do not have any kind of user interface so you will need a computer system that will need to access the configuration page for your Linksys router.
You will need to connect your Linksys router with a computer system and after that you will able to manage all advance settings for your networking device. We are explaining some simple steps for connecting a computer system with Linksys wireless router.
- You will need an Ethernet cable for connecting your computer system and Linksys router.
- Take Ethernet cable and connect one end with the network modem you are using and connect another end with Linksys router.
- Take one more Ethernet cable and connect one end with the Ethernet port of your Linksys router and connect another end with the internet port of your computer system
Cable internet connections are now configured for your Linksys router and computer system. You can now access all possible settings for your network using smart setup wizard. Here is the list of configurations that are possible using Linksys WiFi access.
- You can make changes for Linksys router login details.
- If you need, you can change the MTU size for your Linksys router.
- Firmware for Linksys router and Linksys WiFi extenders can be managed using smart setup wizard.
- If need to configure guest account for your Linksys WiFi router and WiFi extender, you can do this using Linksys router login page.
Troubleshooting tips for Linksys router internet connection issues
Linksys routers are networking devices and they may generate some errors also. If you are getting internet connections with your Linksys advance routers, you must try troubleshooting tips we are going to explain in following steps. We are sure that after trying all these troubleshooting tricks, you internet connection issues will get resolved easily and you will easy internet access for your devices.
Remove All Physical Obstructions Near your Linksys Routers
Performance of Linksys routers can get affected due to the physical obstructions you are having at your location. Router’s WiFi connections can’t travel through walls so try Channing location of your Linksys router.
Make Sure Firmware for your Linksys Router are Updated Accurately | Linksys Setup
Firmware software will help to improve the working capabilities for your Linksys router. Cross check that whether your Linksys router need firmware update or not? If latest update for firmware file is available, you should update the file as soon as possible.
Adjust the MTU Size for your Linksys Routers | Linksys Setup
If you are getting data transfer issues for your Linksys router, you must try to change the MTU size for your router. You can easily change the MTU size for your Linksys advance routers just by making login access for myrouter.local address.
Try to Change Location for Linksys WiFi Router | Linksys Setup
If you are getting problems with your Linksys routers, you must change the location for your Linksys router. You can also make sure that antennas for your Linksys router are connected accurately because these antennas will help your Linksys router to transfer WiFi connections all over your home.
How to connect an iPad device with Linksys router guest account? | Linksys Setup
A guest account for Linksys setup is a best option so that you can easily restrict internet access for certain family members or your family guests. After setting up myrouter.local 192.168.1.1 guest account, you can allow internet access for your family members but you can restrict the internet traffic for that account. There we are going to explain some simple steps so that you can easily connect your iPad device with your Linksys router guest account.
Here are the Steps you will Need to Follow so you Connect your iPad with Linksys Router Guest Account
- Go for the “Settings” for your iPad device.
- After that select “WiFi” option.
- Make sure to ON WiFi access for your iPad device. | Setup Linksys Router
- You will get a complete list of wireless networks available at the moment. You can select the guest account for your network. If the WiFi network you have selected is WiFi protected you will need to fill SSID and password for your device. If the password you are entering is correct, you will able to manage Linksys setup for all advance configurations.
- You can try your internet connections by accessing internet connections using web browser at your iPad device. | http //myrouter.local
- You will again ask for the password for your guest account access. Make sure to fill correct password for your guest account.
- You can now enjoy WiFi access for your iPad device. | Linksys Setup
In future you can follow these entire simple steps one again and get login access for your Linksys router guest account for your iPad network. You can also explore the blog session and from there you will get more information regarding myrouter.local and Linksys router login page.
18,921 total views, 36 views today